College football is officially back!
- 1:48 – We talk how no fans will affect home field advantage this season, how it’s traditionally calculated, the top places for the home field effect, and how we handle this in Elo.
- 20:50 – With spring football looming, we talk whether more players will be opting out, and would fans care?
- 26:31 – Our preseason Elo Ratings are up on our site, and we updated our Elo system to improve it.
- 32:45 – We review the reasons behind the correlation between pass and rush offense by looking at the article by @903124S’s guest column in Football Outsiders
- Our Week 1 CFB Predictions newsletter goes out later this week, with betting advice, win probabilities, and Elo ratings. Subscribe for free to get the first issue to your inbox at staturdays.substack.com.
- Join the conversation on Facebook Live Tuesday nights at 8 PM
- Follow us on Twitter
- Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest articles straight to your inbox
- Read the latest articles on College Football Analytics
S3E7 – September 2nd, 2020 – Week 1